Habitat for Humanity Fiji (HFH Fiji) is dedicated to the eradication of substandard and poverty housing in Fiji. It is a registered Fiji Charitable Trust and its affiliates have programmes and offices in nearly 70 countries worldwide. Our mission is to help families in need to construct decent homes in Fiji without regard to race, religion or ethnic origin. HFH Fiji is strategically positioned for continued growth in the communities in which we serve and is committed to provide a workplace with equal employment opportunity for all.
Applications are invited from dynamic, qualified and experienced individual to join our team in the role of Senior Finance Officer. Reporting to Senior Manager Operations, the Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for all aspects of financial management and ensuring compliance with internal finance policies and procedures as well as donor requirements.
- Minimum Advanced Diploma/Degree in Accounting/Finance, or 4 years demonstrated experience in related field.
- Knowledge of fund accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project budgets, financial reporting and analysis.
- Experience in internal and external audit.
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software of Quick books. Sun System would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster collaborative relationships, highly approachable and responsive in nature.
- Strategic planning skills and ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated empathy with the values of Habitat for Humanity.
- Fiji Driver’s License (Group 2 Manual Full License) with 3 years driving experience.
HOW TO APPLY
HFH Fiji is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified male and female candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, to apply and be part of our incredible mission of bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope in Fiji. All HFH Fiji staff, consultants and volunteers are required to undergo a police clearance check and at least (3) comprehensive reference and character checks prior to being offered any position. Habitat for Humanity Fiji may expand the scope of individuals who receive background screening (as described above) based on additional risk factors or donor requirements. HFH Fiji has zero-tolerance towards any violations of our safeguarding principles.
Applications must include a current CV with names of at least 3 recent referees, and a cover letter describing in 1 page, why you should be the best candidate for this position. Applications can be posted to P O Box 16154 Suva or hand – deliver to Human Resources, Lot 1 Foster Road, Walu Bay, Suva. Applications may also be submitted by email no later than Friday, 17th June 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 331 2012 for more details.
A link to a pdf version of this post can be found here.